Corporate Advisory Services - Insurance Firm
- Are you satisfied with your assessment of construction-related risk?
- Does you and your client speak the same "language" - is important information being "garbled"?
- Do you wish you could access more specific information before you make underwriting decisions?
- Would you like your staff to be more conversant with construction industry terms and issues that affect your business?
BUILDING KNOWLEDGETM understands the insurance industry
BUILDING KNOWLEDGETM understands the hazards that can cripple even an insured business or project. We understand that the loss event may be just the beginning; that the costs of interrupted business and delay can dwarf an initial bill for physical damage or contract cost.
Our services address construction liability exposures to reduce risk through improved knowledge and the prevention or mitigation of potential losses.
Our experience can be crucial in helping you react to the challenges of a constantly changing risk landscape.
We have successfully assisted clients manage different exposures in inherent in answering the construction industry's need for comprehensive insurance coverage and provided risk mitigation in an ever more demanding legal environment.
Our technical understanding enables us to tackle complex issues which are often beyond the understanding of non-construction orientated insurance professionals.
BUILDING KNOWLEDGETM knows the construction industry
BUILDING KNOWLEDGETM has worked with many businesses, such as building contractors, engineers and architects, material manufacturers and suppliers. We bring this broad range and depth of experience in the construction sector to bear on considering loss potential and insurance decision making.
How we work
BUILDING KNOWLEDGETM offers insurance firm advisory services in two areas
- general advice to brokers, underwriters and loss assessors, transfer ringbasic information and knowledge to enable non-construction professionals to confidently undertake proper assessment of construction and property related risk.
- project- and industry-specific advice to enable the optimum premium to be derived from the factual nature of the scheme, construction or finished project
Knowing what to look for and what questions to ask is a major part of deriving the appropriate risk management strategies! Building Knowledge understands that to achieve a close working relationship with our clients is key to the success of any project. Mutual understanding and trust are vital for the collection of business data and for efficient decision making and final claims settlement.
We develop with you solutions designed to minimise or remove the causes of loss so history does not repeat itself. We work closely with you to craft asset management and loss prevention solutions that help businesses have greater control of their processes and more influence on their bottom line.
What we know
BUILDING KNOWLEDGETM has strong experience in major contracts, structural design and construction technology, with many years hands-on experience in all aspects of the construction process, from scheme initiation to post-completion sign-off.
Our services go beyond simple generic advice.
- Pre-Construction Consultation - Assist the choice of new sites and review of building plans to help limit potential problems later
- Contract and Specification Analysis - Proactive analysis of design methods and applicable Standards for better risk management
- System Analysis - Evaluate design of existing and new construction and associated systems for adequacy and appropriateness
- Security - Development of policies and procedures to help protect life and property
- Document assessment - including engineering and design of scheme, development and as-built documents, specification and contract analysis to
- Special events consulting - to identify potential hazards and prevent losses
- Risk consulting - for comparative evaluation of different schemes or construction options
- Presentation of risk improvement plans
An important part of our work is to anticipate, identify and understand the developments which are currently shaping your future business environment and present the requisite information and best options for your consideration. We help answer your fundamental construction-related questions - on key market, regulatory, technical and social trends.
To assist insurers we offer seminars on, amongst other topics:
- Common issues in contract content, design and construction
- Construction risk assessment and management
- Best practices identification
- Industry Standards, product user guides and instruction manuals
- Quality control systems, product certification and warranties
Like to Know more?